an still happen, said

in Diamondcraft - Registration Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:56 am
by yyys123 • 1.785 Posts

LONDON -- About a quarter of those watching on Centre Court had yet to return to their seats when Andy Murray and Tomas Berdych got underway. Bjorn Borg had, though -- he didnt want to miss a thing.The five-time Wimbledon champion watched from the Royal Box as Murray secured a routine 6-3, 6-3, 6-3 win over Berdych to reach his third final here. It was his 52nd match win at the The Championships overall, which took him past the Swede in that statistic.Borg was once the darling of Wimbledon, and he was eventually succeeded by seven-time champion Roger Federer. But now, with Federer on the wane -- the great Swiss champion lost to Milos Raonic?over five sets in Fridays first semifinal -- Murray has a chance to further his claim to being the next person to fill that role.For the first time going into a major final, Murray, ranked No. 2 in the world, will be the favorite. He has consistently played better than anyone in these championships, handling the pressure and expectation adroitly in his bid to become a two-time champion here.Murray admitted he has an eye on the sporting legacy he will leave, too, when the time comes to put down his racket. The 29-year-old twice mentioned the subject of age in his postmatch interview with the BBC.The older you get, you never know how many chances youre going to have to play in Grand Slam finals. You want to make the most of your opportunities, he said.Im glad I managed to get through today. The older you get, the more experienced you are, which helps deal with the nerves in these situations.You learn from those matches for sure. Having had those experiences in the past helped me a lot, playing against some of best players of all time. I know what I have to do to get to the latter stages of these tournaments.That Murray is now seventh on the list for most all-time wins at the All England Club is evidence, were any needed, that he deserves to be remembered as one of the games greats.He has equalled Ken Rosewall in 10th place for most Grand Slam wins overall with 171, and will overtake Fred Perry as the British man with most major final appearances on Sunday, when he makes his 11th overall.Yes, he has only won two of those, and it has been a three-year wait since the last, which came on the same court where he will face Raonic (Sunday, 9 a.m. ET on ESPN & WatchESPN).But, in overtaking Borg, Murray has showed just how consistently he has challenged at the top of the game, and for how long, in an era featuring three of the greatest players of all time.Federer, Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic have repeatedly foiled the Scot at the majors throughout his career. The Swiss has beaten him in three finals, Djokovic in five -- including this years Australian Open and French Open, when he ran out of gas in both matches.But none of those three will be standing on the other side of the net on Sunday.This is the first time in a long time that Novak or Rogers not been in a slam final, Murray later told a press conference. Its obviously an opportunity. I put myself in a position to try and win the event again. Its against someone new that Im playing against in the final.?But Milos is a very tough opponent. Hes played very well on the grass this year and has earned his right to the final by beating one of the best, if not the best player, ever at this event. So he deserves to be there.These tournaments are why Im still playing and why Im training hard and trying to win these events. Thats what really motivates me. Ive been in the latter stages a number of times, won some, obviously lost some tough ones, as well. Id love to win it again obviously. Nike Air Max 1 2020 . Third-seeded Murray had the easiest path to victory on New Years Eve, barely breaking a sweat during his 6-0, 6-0 win over 2,129th-ranked Qatari wildcard recipient Mousa Shanan Zayed. Nike Air Max 1 2022 . Its sharpness matched my mind. This was no night to go to sleep. https://www.cheapairmax1store.com/ . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Fake Nike Air Max 1 . Francis told several hundred members of the European Olympic Committees that when sport "is considered only in economic terms and consequently for victory at every cost . Nike Air Max 1 2021 . The Dane followed up his first European Tour title last weekend with eight birdies and just a single dropped shot on Thursday for a one-stroke advantage over South Africas Allan Versfeld and Portugals Ricardo Santos. FORSYTH, Ill. -- Clariss Guce moved into position to earn an LPGA Tour card for next season, winning the Decatur-Forsyth Classic on Sunday for her second Symetra Tour title of the year.The 26-year-old former Cal State Northridge player closed with a 1-under 71 for a two-stroke victory.Anytime you win, it feels great, said Guce, who moved to California with her family from the Philippines in 2001. Every win is special and Im just overjoyed.She finished at 10-under 206 and earned $19,500 to jump from 12th to seventh on the money list with $56,656. The top 10 after the final seven events will earn LPGA Tour cards.There is still a lot more golf and anything can still happen, said Guce, also the winner last month in Rochester, New York. Just like in Rochester, I went from 84th to 12th so you just never know.Guce birdied the par-5 sixth and 14th and bogeyed the par-4 12th in the final round.dddddddddddd.She was doused with water again by her crew of rookie friends -- Kristin Coleman, Jenny Coleman, Mallory Kent and Dana Finkelstein -- as soon as she came off the 18th green.I knew I was going to get soaked, Guce said. I saw them walking around with a lot of bottles of water and I was thinking dont screw it up and just two-putt.Jackie Stoelting and Laura Gonzalez Escallon tied for second. Escallon had a 67, and Stoelting shot 70. Stoelting also has two victories this year.Nelly Korda (71), Erica Popson (72) and Wichanee Meechai (67) tied for fourth at 7 under, and Kendall Dye (72) was another stroke back along with Brittany Marchand (67) and Pavarisa Yoktuan (72). ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: adminonline
Board Statistics
The forum has 3497 topics and 4513 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen