ed her Olympic

in Diamondcraft - Registration Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:17 am
by yyys123 • 1.785 Posts

DURHAM, N.C. -- Daniel Jones looked like hes played quarterback at Duke for years.The redshirt freshman threw for two touchdowns and ran for another in his first college start, and Duke routed North Carolina Central 49-6 on Saturday night.Jela Duncan set the tone with a 50-yard touchdown run on the second play from scrimmage, added a 3-yard TD run and matched a career high with 115 yards.Daniel Jones was out there dropping dimes, like I knew he could, Duncan said.The Blue Devils (1-0) once again had an easy time against their lower-level crosstown opponent, building a three-touchdown lead before the Eagles (0-1) ran a play inside Duke territory and leading 49-0 at halftime after scoring TDs on seven of their 10 first-half possessions.It was a lot of fun out there tonight, and I think everyone enjoyed it, Jones said.A year after rolling up 655 total yards against Central, Duke gained 535 yards, gave up just 112 and improved to 5-0 in the series.Jones certainly didnt look like he was playing his first college game. He finished 10 of 15 for 189 yards with touchdown passes of 55 yards to Johnathan Lloyd and 20 yards to Erich Schneider, and added a 17-yard scoring run.Hes smart, and hes talented, and I told you all he could run -- hes really fast, coach David Cutcliffe said. There are a lot of things he can do well. He will learn a lot from that first taste. Its going to get a lot tougher before it gets easier.Brandon McLaren kicked field goals of 48 and 34 yards for Central.The first half was not what we wanted it to be, by any stretch of the imagination, Central coach Jerry Mack said.THE TAKEAWAYN.C. Central: Since making the jump from Division II to the Championship Subdivision roughly a decade ago, the Eagles have now played seven FBS opponents and lost them all by an average of 44 points with three shutouts. Those results sure havent hurt them once they start playing schools at their level: Theyve won shares of the past two Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference titles, and figure to contend for another.Duke: All eyes were on Jones in his starting debut two weeks after returning starter Thomas Sirk was lost for the season when he re-injured the Achilles tendon he tore in February. The QB nicknamed The Future said earlier in the week that he thought he could both run and pass effectively.He spent the first half proving it, starting with his first carry -- a 21-yard gain on a read option before he threw his first pass.I guess that got me comfortable, to get his the first time, Jones said. It got me rolling, I guess.His touchdown run came one play after his prettiest pass of the night -- a 35-yard throw that he dropped over receiver T.J. Rahmings right shoulder near the sideline. Rahming played a big role in Jones first TD pass, throwing the key downfield block that sprung Lloyds catch-and-run.KEY NUMBERSN.C. Central had just four first downs and Duke held a 308-38 advantage in yards rushing. ... This surely would have been even more lopsided had Duke not turned the ball over five times -- three of those coming in the second half when most of the playing time went to the third- and fourth-stringers. ... Duke DT A.J. Wolf had three sacks -- the first time a Duke player accomplished that since 2003.UP NEXTN.C. Central: The Eagles get another crack at an FBS school next week when they visit Western Michigan -- which knocked off Northwestern in Week 1.Duke: The Blue Devils dive into Atlantic Coast Conference play with a visit from Wake Forest. Duke has won four straight in the series with its instate league rival.---Follow Joedy McCreary at http://twitter.com/joedyap. His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/joedy-mccreary---AP college football site: http://collegefootball.ap.org Vapormax 97 Scontate . Rob Manfred, baseballs chief operating officer, testified last week during the grievance filed by the players union to overturn Rodriguezs 211-game suspension. A person familiar with the hearing, speaking on condition of anonymity, told The Associated Press on Saturday that Manfred testified the sport wasnt concerned whether Bosch distributed performance-enhancing drugs to minors because MLBs interest was his relationship with players under investigation. Vapormax Chinese New Year . Radwanska, making her debut in the Seoul tournament, hit eight aces in a match that lasted 1 hour, 4 minutes at Olympic Park tennis stadium. "It was definitely a very good match -- I was playing really good tennis," Radwanska said. http://www.scarpevapormaxscontate.it/ . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. Vapormax Plus Scontate . -- Matt Rupert scored once in regulation and again in the shootout as the London Knights extended their win streak to nine games by defeating the Owen Sound Attack 4-3 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. Vapormax Plus Rosa . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat.Pescara president Daniele Sebastiani has claimed to have spoken to Leicester City manager Claudio Ranieri about the availability of striker Gianluca Lapadula. The new Premier League champions have already made a move to strenghten their squad ahead of their first Champions League campaign next season and Raneiri is particularly keen to add another striker. They look set to continue with their method of unearthing unknown talents by contacting second-tier Italian club Pescara about Lapadula.The Peruvian forward, who has also been reportedly linked with Tottenham, has made a big impression in Serie B this season, scoring over 20 goals. Ranieri is keen to strengthen his striking options And that has done enough to persuade Ranieri to go for him this summer and Sebastiani has confirmed Leicesters interest.ddddddddddddHe told Tutto Mercato: Indeed, I received a phone call from Claudio Ranieri some time ago, before Leicester were crowned Premier League champions. It was a courtesy call where we talked about football and he confided to me that he is following our striker with interest.It was not anything official, but only interest. Also See: Quiz: Leicester stats Leicester 10th next season The next Leicester? Vote: Leicester in 2016/17 ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: adminonline
Board Statistics
The forum has 3497 topics and 4513 posts.

Xobor Einfach ein eigenes Xobor Forum erstellen